Author Topic: The DM48 with "Trumpet Mute" sound  (Read 284 times)

Offline jasonic

• CHARTER MEMBER
  • Chrome-Minator
    • Bluesbop.com
The DM48 with "Trumpet Mute" sound
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:26:03 AM »
Sorry to post another video so soon, But I recorded this today, so I thought I'd post it. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/iMC7qhaUYdk
Don't think-just play! ;-)

Offline The Lone Harper

• V.I.P
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • New Chromatic Player
Re: The DM48 with "Trumpet Mute" sound
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:58:15 AM »
Love it! :)
"Hi ho, Silver Concerto! Away!"

Offline streetlegal

• Chrome-Meister
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 05:45:33 AM »
Good stuff 8). There seems to be a different technique required - different embouchure?

Offline deepsouth

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • Music of Language - Language of Music
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 09:46:41 AM »
A perfect example of what the DM48 is good for -  a player with chromatic harmonica skills now exploring other voices.  Jason, friend, no need to ever apologize for uploading your playing.  Always very capable treatments, with fully developed style.  Can see you were digging your new sound.

Offline jimjams

• V.I.P
  • Chrome-Minator
  • Every note counts
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:02:24 AM »
Thank you for posting Jason!

Ultra tasty. Some of your phrases sound more discernible than they would be with a chrome.

No latency is apparent in the video. What is the configuration of your iMac?
James
Musical artistry comes via a relentless pursuit of beauty.

Offline jasonic

• CHARTER MEMBER
  • Chrome-Minator
    • Bluesbop.com
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »
Oddly enough, I haven't run into any latency issues at all. I use a 2010 21 inch iMac, and logic. But even with other programs I don't seem to experience latency. I've been using the DM live with my iPhone, and a app called "thumb jam" which costs $7.99 I think. It also doesn't seem to have latency issues. It's not as deep as the sample modeling sounds, but not bad! Great for injecting a little variety into an evenings performance.
I did update the firmware, I did it slowly re-reading the instructions several times, but it worked fine.
I wouldn't be surprised if the DM is a little more "Mac friendly", but having been in the audio visual world for many years, frankly, it's always been that way. That said, the guys at Lekholm seem pretty on top of the various operating systems and how they interact with their instrument.
Don't think-just play! ;-)

Offline jimjams

• V.I.P
  • Chrome-Minator
  • Every note counts
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 02:32:46 PM »
Oddly enough, I haven't run into any latency issues at all. I use a 2010 21 inch iMac, and logic. But even with other programs I don't seem to experience latency.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DM is a little more "Mac friendly", but having been in the audio visual world for many years, frankly, it's always been that way. That said, the guys at Lekholm seem pretty on top of the various operating systems and how they interact with their instrument.

That's great to hear! I'm ordering a DM and am a Mac guy. My instrument other than harp is keys, and since I have experience with midi controllers I can't wait to get my hands on a DM.
James

Offline culo

• Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »
one day this instrument will be popular enough to have a real open source collective midi projet like other instruments do.

Offline jazmaan

• Chrome-Meister
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 07:35:32 PM »
Sounds great Jason.  Is that the harmon mute sound from Electro Acoustic Waves?  I like that one too.  And also the one that comes with "Presence".

Offline jimjams

• V.I.P
  • Chrome-Minator
  • Every note counts
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 06:31:01 PM »
one day this instrument will be popular enough to have a real open source collective midi projet like other instruments do.

That's a great idea!
James