Author Topic: Hohner ACE  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Wendellfiddler

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
    • Gypsy Wranglers
Re: Hohner ACE
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »
Used the ACE on two gigs yesterday.  Nice sound with mic. Amplified it has a bell like tone and I found it easy to get expressive bending and vibrato.  I can hear it pretty well through the monitor and I liked the sound.  I used the ACE and a Sirius 64 yesterday.  The Sirius is much darker of course - I've been using the Suzuki a lot lately in rotation with an MK because for some things the dark sound and the lower end is helpful - I've been experimenting with playing low octave pads under vocals and solos.  I'll be using the ACE on stage now as well.  Especially on fast tunes and pieces where I don't need the lower octave.

Glad I have it  :)

Doug T
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rollez

Offline Tom

• Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 02:11:48 PM »
Nice.  I thing the ACE 64 is scheduled for 2018

Stryker
Stryker

Offline Wendellfiddler

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
    • Gypsy Wranglers
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 05:54:44 PM »

Stryker

Hah - I hate to guess how much that will cost!  wow!  but good for Hohner.  It has some excellent features!  I will be curious about the low end tone.  I think suzukis have really good tone and power on the low end and even without the closed end design of the Hohner ACE mouthpiece I think the suzukis are just as airtight. 

Doug t
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:57:56 PM by Wendellfiddler »
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rollez

Offline Tom

• Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 09:45:52 AM »

Stryker

Hah - I hate to guess how much that will cost!  wow!  but good for Hohner.  It has some excellent features!  I will be curious about the low end tone.  I think suzukis have really good tone and power on the low end and even without the closed end design of the Hohner ACE mouthpiece I think the suzukis are just as airtight. 

Doug t
Agree, it will be very interesting, but welcomed. FYI, heard yesterday from Hohner that all ACE parts are in stock.

Stryker
Stryker