Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I did. He wants to take a look, and this is his bread and butter so I don't mind letting him do it.  I used to spend a lot of money on guitar strings. At least once a month.  I can spend the same or less amount letting a pro change the windsavers every few months .
I swear I was sweating reading that post, just sure that the harmonica was some plastic thing with cracks and dings  all over it.

Happy for you man. What kinda condition is it in?

Ha Ha!  I pretty much thought the same thing, cuz that's happened before. Someone said "I have a harmonica for you, and it was usually "trashcan fodder" except for one time in a church in Fairbanks Alaska when a Lady said she was bringing a harmonica for me to the evening service. It turned to be a nice, full sized Hohner chord.

Condition? Well I did blow into it real quick. (no suck notes till I tear it apart, clean it and ozone it, but it seems to be okay except for one teeny-tiny nick in the side of the comb. Slide's fine. I'm glad whoever dropped it was kind enough not to drop it on the business side of the slide assembly. After a seven week sabbatical, I think the old girl will be fine, even though now it has some very serious competition with that new Cabaret. 8)  I plan on wood cover-plating that little gem too asap.

Wood covers for the sound? Or appearance?
That is terrific news A.J.  So glad you got it back and it gave you a reason to get a new Axe!
Hey Faghettaboddit! Next thing ya know, I'll hafta shave my legs! there's another French girl/body builder / kick boxer whatever named Rachelle Plas that's really good also.
The same but with tab:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-JRUyKV08
To play it exactly like her you will need a Marine Band and LONG eyelashes. Yes, the lashes are part of the tone. And if any of you guys believe that and try it please post pictures.  :D
Funny how your Swanee turned up as soon as you were about to become a BFF with the Caberet. Some kind of analogy there.  :)

Dunno! Old Swanee baby might have taken too long to show up. That new Cabaret just may be turning my head. Actually, I'm pretty well set now. Sure I still want an Amadeus (Always have) but I actually have enough to last me for the duration. If anything, I may just wanna orchestra tune what I have here. (and maybe get just one Amadeus Hahahahah! ;D)
Smooth as butter! And looks as good as she plays.
Being totally selfish, I still wish she played a Chrombo!  ;D
I knew from the beginning that the easiest way to get the old one back was to get a new one.
I guess I didn't post that tho . . . congrats!

...now it has some very serious competition with that new Cabaret. 8)  I plan on wood cover-plating that little gem too asap.

Funny how your Swanee turned up as soon as you were about to become a BFF with the Caberet. Some kind of analogy there.  :)
diatonic Discussion / Re: Norwegian folk music on tremolo harp
« Last post by jimjams on Today at 08:03:35 PM »
Thanks for the post. Rare to hear the tremolo played that way...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10